Hydrogen Compressor and Dispenser
TF Design designed and implemented a PLC based control system for a Metal Hydride (MH) Hydrogen compressor and coupled Hydrogen dispensing station.
The project entailed:
- Control of heating and cooling cycles for hydrogen MH Vessels.
- Measuring and controlling of all system mass flow rates, pressures and temperatures.
- Dispensing the Hydrogen from a buffer storage tank at 200 bar into a fuel cell driven forklift at precise measured quantities and pressures.
- Control of purging and regeneration cycles for MH compressor.
- The entire system compliant with the relevant explosive environment legislation and requirements.
The project was done for and in collaboration with the University of the Western Cape and Impala Platinum.