Fuel Cell CHP Control System
The fuel cell CHP control system designed and implemented by TF Design controls and stores the electrical power and heat generated by a hydrogen fuel cell. The control system performs the following key functions:
- Control a hydrogen reformer system to produce Hydrogen from Methane.
- Conditioning of the produced Hydrogen for fuel cell use (Drying and Pre-heating).
- Control and storage of fuel cell electrical power.
- Control of an oil heating system to pre-heat the fuel cell and to utilise the waste heat produced by the fuel cell (heating of a hot water cylinder for domestic use).
- PLC based control system with logging of all system parameters.
The project was done for and in collaboration with the University of the Western Cape and Hysa Systems.